Friday, November 9, 2007

09 Nov 2007 - Free Transportation & Free Breakfast


Today I had to go to Breckenridge and pick up my Colorado Ski Pass (Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, and 10 Days at Vail/Beaver Creek). I had purchased it in 2006 at a Silent Auction and was unable to use it last year since we were going to be in the UK in Feb'07. Vail Resorts were kind enough to hold it over until this season but would not issue it until Breckenridge opened today.

I elected to drive over to Silverthorne and catch the Summit Stage to Frisco. You switch in Frisco to get to Breckenridge but it only takes about 40 minutes total and it is free. Since today was opening day at Breckenridge, they had a free pancake breakfast at Peak 9. I had great pancakes while watching the people ski down the only run that was open. They had pretty good coverage on the trail but completely lacking snow on either side.

I then worked (bus) my way over to Peak-8 to pick up my certificate for a passes and then back to the bottom to actually get my pass just in time to catch the bus back to Frisco. In Frisco, I walked over to Safeway to get some groceries and the caught the next bus back to Silverthorne.
With the price of gas, I will probably use the local free transportation more often.

No comments yet