Monday, November 12, 2007

12 Nov 2007 - AC Shoulder Separation



Last Saturday, we went for a bike ride in Leadville with Helen's brother David and our friend Gary. There is a wonderful 12 mile ride around Leadville through some of the mining area with great views of Mt. Massive and Mt. Albert. Gary was a head of me and David and Helen we behind me as we were coasting down the trail back to the car. Helen and David came around a corner and saw me laying on the ground off the edge of the bike bath. Apparently, I was unconscious for about 10 minutes and had trouble understanding what was going on for another 10 minutes. Several people stopped to help and then the Leadville ambulance arrived. They took me to the local emergency room and did a cat-scan on my skull and xray of my shoulder. I had minor concussion and a AC shoulder separation. I still can't remember what happened just prior to my accident and up to 10-15 minutes after but I am recovering and feel pretty good today. I have an appointment with the local doctor and plan to get some therapy recommended. I want to be ready to ski as soon as I can.

No comments yet