Friday, February 8, 2008

08 Feb 2008 - Winter Storm


For the past month and half, we have had snow almost everyday. Last night, it snowed really hard with heavy winds resulting in 2'+ drifts in our driveway this morning. I have had problems with our snowblower recently where the auger would not move. Yesterday, I decided to store the blower in our garage because I thought that maybe the auger was freezing over night.
Well that apparently was the problem because this morning I needed to plow before Helen could go skiing and the snow blower word well. I first plowed a narrow path to get the Explorer out so I could take Helen to meet our neighbor Frank to go skiing. Later I spent about 2.5hrs clearing snow which was over the top of the snow blower (22"high). I then dug a path from our stairs to our patio. Yesterday this path was clear. Today, there was over 20" of snow in it. We have shoveled some much snow from the patio deck this year, that it is hard to find a place to put it. In recent years, we could just push the snow off the deck but this year you have to throw it and try to get it as far away from the deck as possible. More snow is due tonight.

To view more photos of the snow, click on the slide show below.

Posted by Picasa

No comments yet