Wednesday, March 12, 2008

12 March 2008 - Immature Bald Eagle


Yesterday, Helen and I walked out to our mailbox. Along the way, I reminded her that I had spotted a bald eagle while she was in the UK. As we were approached the river, Helen stopped and said, "Look the eagle". Sure enough she had spotted an eagle soaring along the river. As we watched, the eagle made a second circle over the river like he had spotted a fish in the river. He then soared within a 100' of us and then continued up the river. As he soared over head, we could see speckles of white under his wings. When we returned to the house, I looked on the internet and determined that this was a immature bald eagle somewhere around 2-3 years old. The photo to the left is one I found on the internet that looks just like the eagle we saw today. We were really blessed today to be able to be in the right place and the right time to see this eagle.

No comments yet