Thursday, May 8, 2008

8 May 2008 - Shoulder Reconstruction Surgery


On April 18th, I had reconstruction surgery on my right shoulder to repair the damage I received from a bicycle accident on Nov 10, 2007. Photo on the left shows my clavicle bone sticking up and my shoulder drooping. The photo below was taken a few days after the surgery and really shows the difference.

My surgery was performed by Dr. Hatzidakis of Denver and took about 2hrs. Click Here if you like to read Dr. Hatzidakis's operation report. Since I was not awake during the procedure, I found it very interesting. Since most of the surgery was done arthroscopic, Dr. Hatzidakis provided photos take internally. Click Here if you want to view them.

It has been about 3 wks since the surgery and I now just getting back to working on the computer. I will be in a sling until the June and then start the long recover process of getting use of my shoulder. I currently don't have any pain and have been able take walks with out my arm or shoulder hurting as before the surgery.

Hopefully by the end of the summer I will have pretty good use my shoulder and be able to ski this next season.




Posted by Picasa

No comments yet